Versatility of the Imperial Fleet

Discuss any General Military topics, Ask questions and interact with your peers.
So I am aware of only two designs the Imperial Navy will use. However, this hardly seems sufficient, especially for a faction of this size. What other ships are planned?
Also, there is one fighter design, but I doubt that it can fulfill every role a small, singe-seated craft would need to, despite how cheap or effective it is. Am I wrong? Are there plans to fix these things? What is planned?
There has to be a level of trust in the IRD when they develop these craft, they are pinnacles of the Empire and a lot of focus goes towards them from researching what the game can do physically to how certain shapes can affect and influence populations, as well as simulating the designs and their effectiveness.

Getting the resources and infrastructure to construct vessels will be a major problem but goal for every organisation on launch. The more ship designs we have the harder it will be to produce them, we do not have many people working in the IAD and even with hundreds just getting the destroyer factory online will be a few month long challenge.

The Empire has looked at what it needs to successfully run a defensive and offensive force and has made it a solution that compiles effectiveness with the highest level of efficiency, every ship is a multi-tool being able to be adapted or by default used for many purposes.

The other ship design that will be released soon is the Courier, and this ship cannot currently be described until its release but it will fill the gap that many people see when it comes to our force.